Here is the best of the best that you might have missed last week in the SEM industry, so you are all caught up for the start of the work week. We also link to each author’s Twitter account, so be sure to follow the best of the best for the week.
From The SEM Post
- Google Trusts Links Less After Anchor Text is Changed – Once you get links from websites, you should think twice before you contact webmasters to get that anchor text changed or tweaked.
- Facebook Suggests Unfollowing Pages in News Stream – Yet another reason why organic exposure for Facebook Pages is going to be reduced – because Facebook is asking users if they still want to see those pages in their news stream. And not good news for those who may have paid Facebook for gaining those coveted likes on their Page in the first place.
- Google Kills Two More Link Networks – Two more link networks have bitten the dust, this time in Poland.
- Join the Google My Business Feedback Program – Google is looking for feedback from local businesses and marketers… and if chosen, you could get a trip to Google plus swag!
- Bing Features… Pandas on the Homepage – SEOs should get a chuckle over this on the Bing homepage.
- Matt Cutts Taking 4 Month Leave From Google – Google’s head spam fighter is taking a 4 month leave from Google to enjoy life.
Search & SEO
- On Leave – Matt Cutts @ Matt Cutts Blog
- Thanks To “Right To Be Forgotten,” Google Now Censors The Press In The EU – Danny Sullivan @ Marketing Land
- Panda Pummels Press Release Websites: The Road to Recovery – Russ Jones @ Moz
- Google Webmaster Tools Beta International Targeting Reports – Barry Schwartz @ Search Engine Land
- ‘What The Experts Say’: What’s Changed After Panda 4.0? – Kelsey Jones @ Search Engine Journal
- How We’ve Reached More Than 1 Million People by Guest Blogging – Alex Turnbull @ Groove
- 69 Amazing SEO Bookmarklets to SuperCharge Your Internet Marketing – Razvan Gavrilas @ cognitiveSEO
- 8 Strategies For Leveraging Big And Small Brands For Link Building – Joe Hall @ Internet Marketing Ninjas
Pay Per Click
- If You Read One Article About Client & Agency Relationships Read This One – John Lee @ Clix Marketing
- 8 PPC Hacks You Should Be Using – Amanda West-Bookwalter @ PPC Hero
- Whoopsies: A System Mix-Up Sent The Wrong Facebook Ad Receipts & Data To Advertisers – Greg Finn @ Marketing Land
- “Buy Now” Buttons Start Appearing in Tweets. Is Twitter Shopping Finally Here? – Jason Del Rey @ Re/Code
- How to Use Pinterest for Brainstorming – Ann Smarty @ Internet Marketing Ninjas
- 29 reasons you’re reading this article or why odd-length BuzzFeed listicles perform better than even ones – Gilad Lotan @ Medium
- Navigating the new ‘Google My Business’ Places Dashboard – Sarah Bradley @ State of Digital
- Vine Highlights Popular Videos With New Loop Counts – Matt Southern @ Search Engine Journal
- Jason Calacanis Wants Revenge Against Google & Matt Cutts For Destroying Mahalo – Barry Schwartz @ Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Speak at Marketing Conferences – Samuel Scott @ The Cline Group
Have a link you think should be included? Tweet us @TheSEMPost.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018