Hot on the heels of Yahoo testing out purple titles in their ads and organic search results, they are testing out a wild shade of turquoise too. Here is a full page screenshot showing the new color they are testing.
It is quite noticeable, but it also kind of has the look of search results that have been manipulated somehow by spyware… the shade is almost a comical one, not one you’d expect to see in a mainstream search engine results page.
It also doesn’t display as well on a laptop screen as it does on a desktop which could cause some issues for people. While it isn’t as bad for the ad results, when it is the regular organic search results, it can be hard to see.
Yahoo has recently been testing out many changes in how they present their search results, including purple titles and of course their experiment switching their search results from Bing results to Google ones.
This seems to be a limited test, as I wasn’t able to replicate it in other browser sessions, although it has been showing up for me consistently for a few days in Firefox. I personally prefer the darker version.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020