This is the word from Gary Illyes at Google when asked about when Google’s Panda refresh was to be expected, and he joked about why he should stop giving specific time frames on updates.
— Gary Illyes (@methode) June 26, 2015
To be fair, at SMX Advanced he said that Panda would be coming in 2-4 weeks, and so there is half a week to go before the four weeks is up. We also know that Google is fond of those Friday afternoon changes, so we could potentially see something hit later today.
John Mueller commented last week, when referring to the fact the recent mid-June algo update was not Panda, that Panda would be coming in the next couple of weeks. And Gary Illyes also gave the scoop on why Panda updates aren’t always frequent.
Bottom line, yes it is still coming, no we don’t know when, but it is coming “soon” 🙂 But I suspect we will see it sometime within the next week or so.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020