This is the word from Gary Illyes at Google when asked about when Google’s Panda refresh was to be expected, and he joked about why he should stop giving specific time frames on updates.
— Gary Illyes (@methode) June 26, 2015
To be fair, at SMX Advanced he said that Panda would be coming in 2-4 weeks, and so there is half a week to go before the four weeks is up. We also know that Google is fond of those Friday afternoon changes, so we could potentially see something hit later today.
John Mueller commented last week, when referring to the fact the recent mid-June algo update was not Panda, that Panda would be coming in the next couple of weeks. And Gary Illyes also gave the scoop on why Panda updates aren’t always frequent.
Bottom line, yes it is still coming, no we don’t know when, but it is coming “soon” 🙂 But I suspect we will see it sometime within the next week or so.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019