So when Google removed the emojis from their own search result titles a couple of weeks ago, I speculated that Bing wouldn’t be far behind in removing emojis from their search results too, and it took them under two weeks to copy Google’s emoji change too.
Here is an example that showed emojis in the titles previously
Added: They still seem to show up for one specific search – “emoji” – and they seem to be restricted to to sites that have “emoji” in the domain name. Similar searches for “smiley” and “emoticon” do not show them.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Testing “Near City” in Local 3-Pack - September 27, 2016
- Use Google Disavow Like Before, No Changes With Real Time Penguin - September 26, 2016
- No Changes to Link Related Manual Actions with Penguin Real Time Launch - September 26, 2016
- Google Launches Real-Time Penguin 4.0: All The Changes & Details - September 23, 2016
- Google Testing Individual Hotel Booking Block at Top of Search Results - September 22, 2016