Google has quietly updated their Store Name Guidelines to now state that listings cannot include emojis.
We broke the news last month about emojis being used in store names in Google’s Product Listing Ads. A wide variety of emojis could be used and some were experimenting with using on-theme emojis to promote their listings.
Here is how they appeared:
But the newly updated guidelines now explicitly state that emojis are no longer permitted.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Soliciting Their Own Movie Review Ratings in Search Results - December 6, 2016
- Google AMP URLs to Get New Non-Google.com URLs - December 6, 2016
- Google Expanding Home Services Ads to LA, Then Nationwide in 2017 - December 5, 2016
- Google’s New Card Style News Drops Local 3-Pack Lower in Search Results - December 5, 2016
- Sued for Leaving a Negative Review? It Will Soon Be Illegal in the US - December 5, 2016