Google has quietly updated their Store Name Guidelines to now state that listings cannot include emojis.
We broke the news last month about emojis being used in store names in Google’s Product Listing Ads. A wide variety of emojis could be used and some were experimenting with using on-theme emojis to promote their listings.
Here is how they appeared:
But the newly updated guidelines now explicitly state that emojis are no longer permitted.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019