Google has quietly updated their Store Name Guidelines to now state that listings cannot include emojis.
We broke the news last month about emojis being used in store names in Google’s Product Listing Ads. A wide variety of emojis could be used and some were experimenting with using on-theme emojis to promote their listings.
Here is how they appeared:
But the newly updated guidelines now explicitly state that emojis are no longer permitted.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018