Google has quietly updated their Store Name Guidelines to now state that listings cannot include emojis.
We broke the news last month about emojis being used in store names in Google’s Product Listing Ads. A wide variety of emojis could be used and some were experimenting with using on-theme emojis to promote their listings.
Here is how they appeared:
But the newly updated guidelines now explicitly state that emojis are no longer permitted.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Mobile First Index: Page Speed Included as a Ranking Factor - March 23, 2017
- Mobile First Index: Google Aiming for Quality Neutral Launch - March 23, 2017
- Google Sending “Safe Browsing Policy Updates” to Previously Hacked Sites - March 20, 2017
- Google Adds AMP Carousels to “People Also Search For” Drop Downs - March 20, 2017
- 404s Do Not Affect Site Quality for Google SEO - March 17, 2017