Google has quietly updated their Store Name Guidelines to now state that listings cannot include emojis.
We broke the news last month about emojis being used in store names in Google’s Product Listing Ads. A wide variety of emojis could be used and some were experimenting with using on-theme emojis to promote their listings.
Here is how they appeared:
But the newly updated guidelines now explicitly state that emojis are no longer permitted.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Why SEO Weather Tracking Tools Aren’t Accurate - May 24, 2016
- Google Testing Shadowed Stars in Local Search Results - May 23, 2016
- Google Adding Featured Snippets & Rich Results to Search Analytics? - May 23, 2016
- Google Search Console Adds Property Sets to View Multiple Sites Together - May 23, 2016
- Google has 125+ Million AMP Documents Indexed in Search Results - May 20, 2016