Facebook is testing an amazing featured video spot that would appear at the top of a Facebook Page’s video tab. It features a huge video, along with text on the right-hand side when a user selects the video tab. And best of all, it is already planned to roll out to all Facebook Pages.
Facebook has been encouraging brands and users to upload videos directly to Facebook, rather than uploading them to YouTube and merely linking to them instead. And because the Facebook news feed algorithm favors videos that are uploaded to Facebook rather than linked to from YouTube, this new feature will not only encourage brands to upload their videos directly to Facebook but also highlight those videos as well increase video views.
ABC News is one of the brands testing this new feature.
Techcrunch reveals that Facebook plans to release this to all Facebook Pages in the coming weeks. Pages will get this feature automatically enabled, but they will still need to go and select featured video, otherwise it will default to the usual video view in chronological order.
All businesses will soon be able to choose a featured video to be displayed extra-large with a live comment feed atop their Page, and cobble together playlists of more of their videos. This makes the Videos tabs of Pages look and feel a lot like YouTube Channels. TechCrunch spotted the new design and features on ABC News’ Page, and the company confirms it testing the format with a handful of Pages, and plans to roll it out to them all in the coming weeks.
The video will also feature on the left sidebar of the Facebook page as well, to encourage users to click the video when they view the page.
This feature will be enabled for all Facebook pages in the coming weeks, so get ready to upload some video content, if you haven’t already done so to your Facebook Page.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018