There is a new report for webmasters in Google Search Console. In Search Analytics, you can now get data for all “rich results”.
The rich results report includes all rich results, which includes structured data that shows up in Google’s search results for the site’s pages as well as any rich cards.
It appears under “Search Appearance” within the Search Analytics section. However, if you don’t have anything to display in this section, the “Search Appearance” selector won’t show up in Search Analytics.
It also seems to include information on AMP, although it isn’t clear if it is showing from the AMP news carousel or in the AMP results that appear outside the carousel. This does duplicate the AMP reporting already shown in that same section.
The addition of rich results isn’t that much of a surprise. We saw a screenshot from I/O last month that revealed both rich results and featured snippets were included in the “Search Appearance” drop down.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018