@DonnieStrompf nope, this will be the real-time version.
— Gary Illyes (@methode) January 7, 2016
There had been some concern that Penguin might share a similar slow rollout to Panda, as they brought it up to real time. And for those impacted by Penguin, the idea of a slow roll out could mean that some webmasters wouldn’t know if their sites recovered, or if they were still waiting on a roll out.
Many SEOs haven’t been a fan of the slow roll out of Panda, both because it is harder to track what might have changed in the Panda algo, but also because it makes gauging a Panda recovery – or hit – harder. So the fact Penguin won’t have the same kind of slow roll out is good news.
We still don’t have a confirmation on when Penguin will roll out… but everyone is hoping soon now that the holidays are over.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020