Google is testing yet another color of stars in the search results, but I bet many business and website owners won’t be so happy with this one.
Here is how it appears in the search results, this one in a local 3-pack.
Of all the star colors, I like this version the least. Advertisers and websites want those hard earned stars to stand out, but these definitely do not draw the searcher’s eye at all. That said, it is nice to see Google testing.
Thank you to Conrad O’Connell for grabbing the screenshots when he spotted the test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Removing Low Quality Pages Won’t Result in Sitewide Google Rankings Boost - October 13, 2017
- Google: Dynamics of Top Three Ranking Factors & Link Effectiveness in Rankings - October 12, 2017
- Google Adds Audience Reviews to Movie & TV Show Knowledge Panels - October 6, 2017
- Use Sitemaps for Sites With Many Hreflang Annotations - October 5, 2017
- Google Testing “Instant” Tag for AMP in Search Results - October 4, 2017