Google is testing yet another color of stars in the search results, but I bet many business and website owners won’t be so happy with this one.
Here is how it appears in the search results, this one in a local 3-pack.
Of all the star colors, I like this version the least. Advertisers and websites want those hard earned stars to stand out, but these definitely do not draw the searcher’s eye at all. That said, it is nice to see Google testing.
Thank you to Conrad O’Connell for grabbing the screenshots when he spotted the test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending Manual Actions for Event Markup Spam in Search Results - November 28, 2017
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017