Google is testing yet another color of stars in the search results, but I bet many business and website owners won’t be so happy with this one.
Here is how it appears in the search results, this one in a local 3-pack.
Of all the star colors, I like this version the least. Advertisers and websites want those hard earned stars to stand out, but these definitely do not draw the searcher’s eye at all. That said, it is nice to see Google testing.
Thank you to Conrad O’Connell for grabbing the screenshots when he spotted the test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020