Google is testing yet another color of stars in the search results, but I bet many business and website owners won’t be so happy with this one.
Here is how it appears in the search results, this one in a local 3-pack.
Of all the star colors, I like this version the least. Advertisers and websites want those hard earned stars to stand out, but these definitely do not draw the searcher’s eye at all. That said, it is nice to see Google testing.
Thank you to Conrad O’Connell for grabbing the screenshots when he spotted the test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Time for Google Processing Removed URLs from Disavow Files - April 28, 2017
- Publishers Reporting Huge Drop in AMP Traffic in Google Analytics - April 27, 2017
- Google: 15% of Searches Every Day Are Still New - April 26, 2017
- Google Updates Feedback Form for Featured Snippets & Autocomplete - April 26, 2017
- Google Testing Hotel Rates Carousel in Search Results - April 26, 2017