Day 1 Mobile Update flux is dead average. No clear shifts in "Mobile-friendly" tag. Deeper dive into data later today.
— Dr. Pete Meyers (@dr_pete) April 22, 2015
And this seems to be pretty close to what other people are reporting as well.
However, Barry Schwartz believes it just started rolling out minutes ago (9am PST Wednesday)
But… Glenn Gabe & Paul Macnamara think not.
@rustybrick I just checked dozens across sites and countries and categories and nothing has changed. 🙂 I hope you're right, but…
— Glenn Gabe (@glenngabe) April 22, 2015
— Paul Macnamara (@TheRealpmac) April 22, 2015
In other words, we just aren’t sure yet 🙂
We do know that the roll out is expected to happen over the period of about a week, but many expected to see some sort of changes by now, especially for something that is expected to disrupt more results than Panda and Penguin combined and have a greater impact than the HTTPS signal.
Google itself reported that they have seen a 4.7% increase in mobile friendly sites – something I expect went even higher as people were trying to make changes right up to the deadline.
Google also released their own Q&A about the changes, but if you have been keeping up on the news, there isn’t anything new that they added.
If you still have questions about the algo, we covered everything in detail in our Google Mobile Friendly Algo Guide.
Bottom line, keep watching, particularly for the Mozcast data from Dr. Pete Meyers since they use a much larger sample size.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018