Today at SMX Munich, Google Webmaster Trends Analyst Zineb Ait Bahajji was in the hot seat about the new Google mobile ranking changes that are coming next month. And she dropped a bombshell on just how much of an impact this new ranking signal will have on the search results.
One of the big questions that people have been wondering about is just how much impact this mobile ranking will have. Will it be a light signal or will it relegate non-mobile friendly sites into no man’s land if someone is searching on a mobile device? We do know it will be larger than the HTTPS ranking signal we saw last year, but just how much larger?
According to Zineb, she says that the April 21 mobile rollout will have a bigger impact on the search results than Penguin and Panda did. In other words, this is going to have a huge impact on mobile search results.
If you haven’t yet started making your non-mobile-friendly websites mobile friendly apps, you will want to get on that very quickly before that algorithm comes into play, particularly if it is going to have that impact that is bigger than both Penguin and Panda.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Googlebot Behavior When Major Changes Made to Site - March 23, 2018
- Google: About Links Placed in Source Code - March 23, 2018
- Why Google Shows Same Site Multiple Times for Competitive Keywords - March 22, 2018
- Google: Can Take 6+ Months to See Rankings Improve from Quality Improvements - March 21, 2018
- Google Mobile First: Search Console Alerts & Report Annotations Coming - March 21, 2018