Today at SMX Munich, Google Webmaster Trends Analyst Zineb Ait Bahajji was in the hot seat about the new Google mobile ranking changes that are coming next month. And she dropped a bombshell on just how much of an impact this new ranking signal will have on the search results.
One of the big questions that people have been wondering about is just how much impact this mobile ranking will have. Will it be a light signal or will it relegate non-mobile friendly sites into no man’s land if someone is searching on a mobile device? We do know it will be larger than the HTTPS ranking signal we saw last year, but just how much larger?
According to Zineb, she says that the April 21 mobile rollout will have a bigger impact on the search results than Penguin and Panda did. In other words, this is going to have a huge impact on mobile search results.
If you haven’t yet started making your non-mobile-friendly websites mobile friendly apps, you will want to get on that very quickly before that algorithm comes into play, particularly if it is going to have that impact that is bigger than both Penguin and Panda.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
I would like to link to this post but could you please fix the typos in the 2nd and third paragraphs?
…and Penguin and Panda did.
Jennifer Slegg says
Done 🙂 The joys of trying to write a story as fast as humanly possible when it is breaking news 🙂
Thanks! You do a great job, sempost is a go to for the breaking.
James Trivolette says
I knew it would happen