Just in time for the holiday advertising ramp up, Google announced automated extensions for Shopping campaigns in Adwords, officially known as Product Listing Ads.
Automated extensions will be replacing promotional texts in PLAs. Promotional text was used to include additional ad copy in a PLA. These promotional texts are entered into Adwords manually.
The new automated extensions require no manual updates and are created from the advertiser’s product data feed and Merchant Center settings.
These new extensions are displayed alongside your shopping ads (PLAs) at no additional work or cost. They use existing information you’ve provided in your Merchant Center settings and data feed to automatically show free shipping and price drop information in a consistent and digestible way for shoppers.
Google reported that automated extensions received better CTRs than promotional texts during testing.
Promotional texts will be discontinued in September while automated extensions will “surface” more frequently, according to Google.
Latest posts by Lisa Raehsler (see all)
- Halloween Online Marketing Stats & Shopping Trends - September 10, 2015
- AdWords Newest Ad Extension Announced: Structured Snippets - September 1, 2015
- New Automated Extensions for Google’s Product Listing Ads - August 21, 2015
- Google AdWords Upgrades Dynamic Search Ads - July 30, 2015
- Google AdWords Launches New Display Tab With Summary Feature - July 15, 2015