Note: this doesn’t include posts from our State of the Industry column which is featured here.
10. How to Find Hidden Data in Your Google AdWords Account by Shelley Ellis
There is a lot more data in your AdWords account than many PPC’ers know what to do with. Shelley dives into some of the extra data you probably never look at – or look for – and how you can leverage it in your AdWords account.
9. Why You Should Care About PageRank by Dave Davies
While PageRank as it existed 15 years ago is different from today’s PageRank, Dave reveals why you really should care about it, despite many proclaiming “PageRank is dead”.
8. 5 Free Authorship-Related Tools for Author Discovery and Audit by Ann Smarty
Looking to discover new authors in your niche? Or finding which authors are the most popular? Ann reveals 5 free authorship tools to discover and rate different authors in any industry.
7. Why Google Hates Zombie Sub-Domains by Ross Dunn
If you are using subdomains on your website, Ross looks into why Google hates the practice of subdomains that really have no value – especially those utilizing a DNS wildcard structure – and what you should do to fix and prevent it.
6. Quality Score: 7 New Things You Don’t Have to Worry About by Andrew Goodman
The AdWords quality score is still mysterious to many paid advertising marketers. Andrew breaks down what things you no longer need to worry about affecting your AdWords quality score.
5. Women in Search with Over 15 Years of Experiences by Motoko Hunt
4. Ultimate List of Must-Have Tools for Your SEO Toolkit by Dave Davies
Not sure which tools are worth buying and which free tools are worth using? Dave breaks down his favorite paid and free tools and why you really should have them in your own SEO Toolkit.
3. Are You Making These Costly Retargeting Mistakes? by Susan Waldes
Retargeting can definitely have a learning curve when you are trying it for the first time. Here are the most costly retargeting mistakes and how you fix them.
2. 5 Google Plus Posting Tricks You Probably Didn’t Know by Ann Smarty
In Ann’s most recent column at The SEM Post, she reveals some great posting tricks for Google+ to make life easier for search marketers, including how to tag people when posting from apps such as Hootsuite, and how to control the hashtag that appears on the top right corner of a Google+ post.
1. Top 10 YouTube Video SEO Tips by Greg Jarboe
Everyone wants to learn how to optimize their YouTube videos for SEO, here is video marketing expert Greg Jarboe’s own top ten list for video SEO.
There are a few more articles that were just edged out on the top 10 list that are worth highlighting.
3 Google Webmaster Tools for Implementing Structured Data by Samuel Edwards
The Evolution of Google AdWords Agency Reps by Shelley Ellis
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018