Here is the best of the best that you might have missed last week in the SEM industry, so you are all caught up for the start of the work week. We also link to each author’s Twitter account, so be sure to follow the best of the best for the week.
From The SEM Post
- All About Supplementary Content in the Google Quality Rater’s Guidelines – In the new Quality Rater’s Guidelines, Google put significant importance on the idea of “Supplementary Content”. Here is what it is and what you should be adding to your site to take advantage of it.
- AdWords Testing New Submit URL Form Extension – Do you have a tool on your site that requires users to submit a URL to check or test? This is one of the best AdWords extensions I have seen, and I suspect the CTR and ROI is incredibly high.
- Google Rewrites Quality Rating Guide – What SEOs Need to Know – Brand new Google Quality Rater’s Guidelines have been leaked! Here is the run down on what is new on the completely rewritten guidelines. Must read for SEOs.
- New Google Car Pricing Knowledge Graph is Massive – Want to know how much that vehicle is? Just Google it and be surprised at the result.
- Google Releases AdWords Editor Version 10.5 With Shopping Campaigns – AdWords finally has shopping campaigns support in the new AdWords Editor, along with some other changes.
- Google AdWords changing “Delete” to “Remove” in AdWords interface – A minor change, but fixes a problem many beginner PPC’ers found confusing.
- 9 Ways to Increase Your Page’s Facebook Engagement – What you can do and change to increase the amount of engagement you Facebook pages receive.
Search & SEO
- More on Google Sandbox 2.0 – Barry Schwartz @ Search Engine Roundtable
- 3 Myths About Duplicate Content – Andy Crestodina @ KISS Metrics
- Prepare Your Business For Semantic Search – Jomer Gregorio @ SEMRUSH
- New Google Quality Rating Guide: Reputation and Expertise Get Hotter! – Jim Boykin @ Internet Marketing Ninjas
- Yahoo Directory Listings: Are They Worth It – Ali Freezman @ SEER Interactive
- 5 Bad Link Building Habits To Break – Casie Gillette @ Search Engine Land
Pay Per Click
- How to Bulk Upload Household Income Targeting – Bailey Lau @ 3Q Digital
- Pinterest Updates Follow Button To Preview Brands’ Latest Pins – Martin Beck @ Marketing Land
- Friday Infographic: The State of Content Marketing – Bas Van Den Beld @ State of Digital
- Wake a Sleeping Giant for Content Marketing SEO: Your Employees – Paul Shapiro @ Content Marketing Institute
- How Google Map Hackers Can Destroy a Business at Will – Wired
- Everybody Needs Local SEO – Greg Gifford @ Moz
- 88% Of Consumers Trust Online Reviews As Much As Personal Recommendations – Myles Anderson @ Search Engine Land
- Why Mobile Matters – Now – Dr. Peter J. Meyers @ Moz
- Why Everyone is Thinking About Mobile Marketing All Wrong – Jeff Fagel @ VentureBeat
- 5 Ways to Increase Revenue and Engagement with Mobile Apps – Adam Marchick @ Marketo Blog
- RIP Marcia, ex WebmasterWorld Administrator – WebmasterWorld
Have a link you think should be included? Tweet us @TheSEMPost.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending Manual Actions for Event Markup Spam in Search Results - November 28, 2017
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017