Super Bowl 50 is now in the history books, but the ads that appeared before and during the “Big Game” will continue to get views during “overtime.”
YouTube and Google have collected some stats around the top trends they saw during the game. For example, they saw a huge interest in watching ads on YouTube during the game and for the first time, mobile accounted for the majority of views.
Here’s the first set of data YouTube saw on Super Bowl Sunday:
- Another strong year for watch time: While the action was unfolding on the field, people spent nearly 300k hours watching ads; and we’ve seen millions of hours of watch time overall.
- For the first time, mobile accounts for the majority of views, at nearly 60%.
- Brands are getting in on the game more than ever: the number of Big Game teasers and ads submitted are up 25% from last year.
Historically, the Monday after the game is when viewership peaks on YouTube and views accumulate over time on YouTube. And, just as a reminder, YouTube counts views when users click to play and watch a video for at least 30 seconds.
Top trending Super Bowl ads on YouTube (as of 9pm PST 2/7)
2. Pokémon – #Pokemon20: Pokémon Super Bowl Commercial
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/2F46tGehnfo” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
3. MINI USA – MINI USA | #DefyLabels Big Game TV Spot
5. Mountain Dew – Mtn Dew Kickstart: Puppymonkeybaby | Super Bowl Spot
6. Axe – AXE – Find Your Magic [60 second version]
8. Doritos – Doritos® Crash The Super Bowl Finalist – Ultrasound
9. Snickers – SNICKERS® – “Marilyn”
10. Doritos – Doritos® Crash The Super Bowl Finalist – Doritos Dogs
Top trending searches on Google:
- Beyonce performing “Formation”
- Lady Gaga performing the National Anthem
- Jonathan Stewart scores touchdown
- Brandon McManus scores field goal
- C.J. Anderson scores touchdown
And in case search engine marketers were too busy watching the ads during Super Bowl 50 to notice, it turns out that the Denver Broncos ended up beating the Carolina Panthers by a score of 24 to 10.
Latest posts by Greg Jarboe (see all)
- Why did Taylor vs Treadmill become a Viral Video Hit? - May 9, 2016
- Unruly Offers Emotional Intelligence to Marketers and Ad Format Diversity to Videology Users - March 25, 2016
- Award-Winning Video Campaigns Are Also Delivering Business Results - March 17, 2016
- Pixability Announces Video Advertising Solution for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter - February 25, 2016
- Top Trending Super Bowl Ads on YouTube - February 8, 2016