Twitter has just dropped a huge hint about where they plan to go for commercial Twitter users, with a brand new “Payment and Shipping” setting that has showed up on some mobile user’s Twitter accounts.
Here is what the new setting looks like, with h/t to Twitter user am_Bix.
The new setting, which is still inactive at this point, is definitely a sign that Twitter plans to move into an ecommerce space directly tied into tweets by brands and other sellers. There had been much speculation after people spotted “Buy Now” tweets attached to Fancy product tweets.
And it is also just one of the many changes Twitter has been testing or updating lately, such as testing descriptive hashtags, embedding linked tweets, and inserting what appears to be ads simply based on who your friends follow.
Twitter has not made any comments on the spotted change yet.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019