Yahoo is testing yet another color scheme change. This time, instead of the usual turquoise URLs they usually run in their search results, they are going for the monochrome look with grey URLs matching the snippet text and blue titles.
Yahoo has been making many changes to their UI and color schemes the past few weeks. They changed their UI to look nearly identical to Google’s own search results page last week, which is the most significant change Yahoo has made.
They also have been testing variations of their title and URL colors recently. They have tested URLs in a bright turquoise color as well as testing all purple titles, which also has the unfortunate look of URLs that have been previously visited before. We have also seen multiple advertising tests in their search results too, such as colored backgrounds.
Of course, Yahoo’s most significant test recently is running Google’s search results instead of Bing’s results, thanks to the renegotiated Yahoo and Microsoft agreement.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020